At Uffculme Primary School we take our duty to safeguard and promote the welfare of children extremely seriously.
Our Designated Child Protection Officer is Mrs Joanna Dentith.
Our Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE) Officer is Mrs Joanna Dentith.
Our deputy Child Protection Officers include Mrs Claire Hayman.
In Ofsted's recent inspection they reported that, all those who work in the school maintain a high regard fro the safety of pupils across the range of abilities and needs. They report that there is a strong and effective culture of safeguarding in the school.
We have an expectation that all staff and visitors to our school will behave in a way which ensures our children are safeguarded at all times. This expectation involves a duty for any safeguarding concerns to be reported.
Managing allegations against adults working with children or young people
Local Area Designated Officers (LADO) provide advice and guidance to employers and voluntary organisations that have concerns about a person working or volunteering with children and young people who may have behaved inappropriately or if information has been received that may constitute an allegation.
If you consider a LADO referral is needed:
- Gather the relevant information: the name, date of birth and home address of the ADULT connected to the allegation/incident; the child/children's details (LADO procedures cannot begin without this information)
- It is advisable that you initially discuss the details with the Designated Child Protection Officer (Mrs Joanna Dentith ) and record/log the details in your relevant records
- They will also need your name, your organisation's address and the role you have in your organisation
- Once you have this information, call Exeter (01392) 384964
For more information please visit the Local Area Designated Officers website.
For more information about MASH please see their website by clicking on the link - MASH
- E-Safety Policy
- Reporting a Concern about a young person
- Managing Allegations
- Operation Encompass
- Preventing Radicalisation Policy
- Anti-bullying Policy
- Devon Safeguarding Information
- School Procedures
- ICT Acceptable Use Policy
- Social Media Safety Guide
- YouTube Guide for Parents
- Bullying Advice to Parents
- Bullying Advice to Pupils
- Grooming Leaflet for Parents
- PANTS Rules